Full Job Description
Responsible for the preparation, production, and presentation, of all menu items.
- Prepare menu items according to prescribed recipes and/or special requests and presentations.
- Prepare ingredients needed for recipes of menu items.
- Follow all prescribed portioning controls.
- Maintain food safety and quality standards.
- Understand and read an order, either handwritten or computerized.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safely and efficiently use knives and other tools, utensils and equipment necessary to complete preparation of menu items.
- Understand and follow the food allergy procedure and special orders/restrictions.
- Read and use a thermometer correctly and efficiently.
- Communicate any food delays or issues to Coordinator.
- Maintain menu item counts and communicate to Management and service staff when quantities fall below restaurant specific minimum quantity.
- Accurately account for all items coming out of their station.
- Wear a hair restraint while on duty.
- Move safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven and slick surfaces.
- Promote teamwork among co-workers and employees.
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the establishment’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Communicate cordially, effectively and clearly with all employees, managers, partners, corporate staff and guests.
- Must wash hands regularly according to guidelines.
- Comply with all safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Understand and complete all side work as assigned.
- Be able to stand and walk for an entire shift.
- Communicate in English in order to comprehend and perform/follow job requirements in written and spoken direction.
- Perform more than one task at a time.
- Work in a confined, crowded space with variable noise and light levels.
- Accept direction and constructive criticism from management. Responsible for the washing and sanitizing of all food service utensils and miscellaneous items such as plates, silverware, glassware, pots, pans, etc. Also responsible for assisting in maintaining the cleanliness of the back of house area. May have additional cleaning duties specific to the restaurant.