Full Job Description
The main responsibility for this position is to bus tables, assist servers, bartenders and treat guests in a friendly, professional & knowledgeable manner.
- Greets guests, provides menus, clearly communicates restaurant specials, answers questions about menu items, collects food and beverage orders, serves items ordered, and attends to guests need throughout their visit.
- Accurately enters orders into point-of-sale system so that kitchen staff can prepare food and bar staff can prepare drinks, as needed.
- Serves alcohol beverages responsibly, requests identification, and adheres to all alcohol service policies and procedures.
- Prepares and delivers check to guests at table and accepts and processes payment.
- Collaborate with other restaurant servers and kitchen and bar staff.
- Performs opening, closing, cleaning, and side work duties, as assigned.
- Ensures all equipment and workspaces are clean, sanitized, organized, and working properly.
- At least one year’s experience as a server in a high-volume environment.
- Experience in cash handling and credit card processing required.
- Previous experience with a point-of-sale system in service or hospitality environment preferred.
- Must pass tests at the completion of training.
- Will work a minimum of 2 shifts as a food runner weekly.
- Constant standing, walking, bending, reaching and repetitive motions.
- Ability to maneuver between tables and around corners.
- Ability to lift, balance and move large food trays, weighing up to 35 lbs.
- Visual acuity and hearing sufficient to take orders and prepare checks.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds for set-up, service and clean-up.
- Ability to stand or walk for entire length of shift; may include walking up and down stairs.